January 04, 2023
If you're like us, you're probably still full from the holidays - and that's okay! To beat the fatigue and kick off your New Year's goals, we've spoken to Los Angeles-based fitness and nutrition coach Sam Murphy to get the lowdown on the best plan to get you back on track. Here's what we learned:
- Let's start with damage control - Turmeric shots with a lemon juice kicker are a great way to aid digestion and fight off bloating and inflammation while helping your liver kick out any slow moving toxins.
- Whole foods! When you're trying to whip yourself back into shape it's important that your system is running as efficiently as possible. The best way to do this is to avoid any processed foods and stick to eating things that look nearly the same on your plate as they would in nature. This means more leafy greens, fresh fruits and veggies, and fewer power bars and pop tarts!
- Avoid inflammatory foods - This can vary from person to person, so it's always important to listen to your body's cues and check in with yourself, but a few of the usual suspects to avoid include dairy, wheat, gluten, processed sugars, and worst of all....
- Alcohol (I know, I know but hear us out) - A nice glass of Red is just past the horizon, but taking at least a week off will pay off big time. Your mind and body will thank you.
- Finally, it's time to work those bodies! Even just 20 minutes of conscious movement a day has been shown to increase metabolic burn rate. Translation: more food, less guilt!